Check out available jobs by clicking the following link.
Tucker County Vacancies
See File download at bottom of page.
Steps to Obtain a WV Initial Substitute Permit.
1. Contact Debra Fike at Tucker County Board of Education to discuss plans for substituting.
2. Take and complete the WVLearns Initial Substitute Teacher Training Course through the WVDE.
3. Interview with Tucker County and if successful,
4. Apply to the WVDE Certification Office for Initial Substitute Permit.
**The taking of the WVLearns Initial Substitute Teacher Training Course DOES NOT guarantee employment as a substitute teacher in Tucker County.
The following information will provide guidance regarding the application for a WVLearns online course account with the associate login and password required to access courses.
WVDE has moved to a single sign-on process for many of our online initiatives. To avoid the creation of multiple accounts, your next step is to go to https://wveis.k12.wv.us/certportal/ and complete the information requested by WVDE Teacher Licensure and Effectiveness. The login and password you are assigned from this office will be the same login and password you use for WVLearns (http://wvlearns.k12.wv.us).
Your WVLearns account will activated at 1:00 AM following the completion of your certportal account.
Upon receipt of a WVLearns login and a password, complete the following steps to register for the WVDE WVLearns Initial Substitute course at http://wvlearns.k12.wv.us:
1. From the upper left corner of the screen locate and select "Self-Registration"
2. Review the list of courses and then select WVDE Initial Substitute course. Provide the information requested on the registration screens
3. WVDE WVLearns Initial Substitute training course is provided at no cost to the course participant.
Copyright © 2018 Tucker County Schools - All Rights Reserved.